Friday 2 November 2012

Merry Christmas Fortnum and Mason.

Hello!!

I know your thinking Merry Christmas bit early it's only November.

But I thought it was appropriate with my current module.

My last post was me basically telling you about how my new module was allowing me to try something new.

It was really good for me but at the same time tested me and was challenging.

I researched and I wanted to modernise F&M and add a splash of colour to them so I did a few colour texts on their original wicker hampers they send out to people.

I looked at the site a lot and noticed there Christmas Hamper was there most elegant to me and would be the one I would splash out on if I ever was able to buy one of them. But for a younger generation could be a bit more fun!!

So I came up with this!!

A basic run through it that,
The wicker basket would be there traditional shape however would be red with a christmas pattern on with a basic brown lid, it would be lined with black silk for a luxurious feel and would have all the products inside with a separate packaging a brown colour box, packet,or label with an image relating to christmas in a silhouette using the pattern on the wicker basket, on top of the separate products would be a handwritten scroll from the company basically thanking them for buying the products and wishing them a Merry Christmas, this would give a personal feel to the product and allow customers to feel warm and happy for the purchase.  A lot of people might disagree with this idea, but my idea was to appeal to a younger range of people as well as their traditional audience.

I hope you all love it and if you don't I would love some advice on how it could have been improved??

Thanks Everyone.
(Image Below of finished piece)

No comments:

Post a Comment